Sun Ra And His Astro Infinity Arkestra - Pathways To Unknown Worlds
- Performer: Sun Ra And His Astro Infinity Arkestra
- Title: Pathways To Unknown Worlds
- Genre: Jazz
- Country: US
- Record source: Vinyl, LP, Album, Quadraphonic
- Released: 1975
- Style: Space-Age, Free Improvisation
- Label: ABC Impulse!, ABC Records
- Cat#: ASD-9298
- MP3 album: 2873 mb
- FLAC album: 2345 mb
- Rating: 4.7/5
- Votes: 936
|1||Pathways To Unknown Worlds||12:12|
|MH-8084||Sun Ra And His Astro Infinity Arkestra||Pathways To Unknown Worlds (LP, Album, RE, Gol)||Modern Harmonic||MH-8084||US||2019|
|ASD-9298||Sun Ra And His Astro Infinity Arkestra||Pathways To Unknown Worlds (LP, Album, Quad, Promo, W/Lbl)||ABC Impulse!, ABC Records||ASD-9298||US||1975|
|MHCD-084||Sun Ra And His Astro Infinity Arkestra||Pathways To Unknown Worlds (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Modern Harmonic||MHCD-084||US||2019|
- Alto Saxophone – Danny Davis
- Alto Saxophone, Flute, Oboe – Marshall Allen
- Baritone Saxophone – Danny Thompson
- Bass – Bill Davis , Ronnie Boykins
- Bass Clarinet – Leroy Taylor
- Congas – Eugene Brennan, Russell Branch, Stanley Morgan
- Design [Album] – Earl Klasky, Martin Donald
- Drums – Clifford Jarvis
- Illustration – Bohdi Wind
- Keyboards [Electronic Keyboards], Composed By – Sun Ra
- Photography By – Jim McCrary
- Producer – Alton Abraham
- Tenor Saxophone, Percussion – John Gilmore
- Trumpet – Akh Tal Ebah, Lamont McClamb
Recorded at El Saturn Recording Studios, Chicago, IL, 1973.
℗ 1975 ABC Records, Inc.
© 1975 ABC Records, Inc.
Printed in U.S.A.
ABC Impulse logo on front cover and labels.
ABC Records mention on spine.
Saturn Research logo at bottom right of back cover.
The civilizations of the past have been used as the foundation of the civilization of today. Because of this, the world keeps looking towards the past for guidance. Too many people are following the past. In this new space age, this is dangerous. The past is dead and those who are following the past are doomed to die and be like the past. It is no accident that those who die are said to have passed since those who have passed are "past". - Sun Ra -
In gatefold sleeve.
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A): T2 ASD-9298-A ⓘ KENDUN
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B): T1 ASD-9298-B ⓘ KENDUN
- Rights Society: BMI
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ABC Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – ABC Records, Inc.
- Published By – Enterplanetary Koncepts
- Recorded At – El Saturn Studio
- Mastered At – Kendun Recorders
- Record Company – Saturn Research
Ras original Pathways liner notes expressed his disdain for the past and his vision of the future. But the future here rendered by Ra seems more dystopian than utopian. Imagine this album as an aural Science Fiction novel, analogous to the contemporaneous writings of Philip K. Dick, Harlan Ellison, Samuel R. Delany, and others who dwelled in unknown worlds where confusion and chaos often reign. A cybernetical soundscape for time travel through an inscrutable cosmos. Pathways to Unknown Worlds was originally issued on LP in 1975 as part of Sun Ra's ill-fated and short-lived ABCImpulse Records partnership. To make sense of Sun Ra's teeming discography would require a forensic sensibility. The Alabaman's output was vast, reissues on multiple labels numerous, and the provenance of much of his studio work-the dates, location, personnel etc-is often uncertain. It's not the first CD reissue of Pathways to Unknown Worlds. In 2000, Evidence released a version that included an untitled five and a half minutes missing from the original vinyl. The folk at Modern Harmonic have identified that particular mystery piece as part of Extension Out, and it appears here in its thirteen-minute entirety for the first time. Pathways to Unknown Worlds is an album by jazz composer, bandleader and keyboardist Sun Ra and his Arkestra recorded in Chicago in 1973 and originally released on his Saturn label and rereleased on the ABCImpulse label in 1975. Complete sua coleção de Sun Ra And His Astro Infinity Arkestra. Lista de faixas. Pathways To Unknown Worlds. Extension Out. Pathways to Unknown Worlds. Enterplanetary Koncepts BMI. Released on: 2019-02-22. Disco 3000 1978. Sun Ra And His Astro Infinity Arkestra: Jazz band lead by Sun Ra Keep Your Sunny Side Up, You Never Told Me That You Care, Hour Of Parting и другие песни. Rock Music CDs Sun Ra. Album Remastered CDs Sun Ra. Remastered CDs Sun Ra. Album CDs Sun Ra 2016. Music CDs Sun Ra 2016. About this product. Pathways to Unknown. Songs in album Sun Ra - Pathways To Unknown Worlds 1975. Sun Ra - Pathways To Unknown Worlds. Sun Ra - Extension Out Complete Take. Sun Ra - Cosmo-Media. Sun Ra - View From A Mountain Top Previously Unissued